Donation Page | Richmond Food Bank Society
Thank you for your generous donation. For every dollar donated, we can give out about $6 worth of food to our neighbours in need (based on 2019 data).
To make the biggest impact, please consider becoming a monthly donor. You can select “donate monthly” and schedule your recurring donation according to your preference. You can also choose your donation to go to a specific program or make your donation in honour or in memory of someone special.
Please use the form below to make your secure online donation on our online portal through Canada Helps. You will receive a tax receipt (for donations of $20 or more) directly through Canada Helps.
Your Monetary Donation does more than you think
The Richmond Food Bank is very grateful for your donations, which enable us to serve more than 1400 people each week through our grocery distribution and more than 700 people through the food we provide to our community partners. As a non-government organization and a registered charity, we rely on your support.
Monetary donations allow us to purchase food and resources that are needed the most. We purchase high-quality items such as fresh produce, protein-rich foods, fresh dairy products, and baby items (diapers, baby formula and food). For each dollar donated, we can give out about $6 worth of food (based on 2019 data).
Here’s how you can provide food assistance to Richmond residents going through financial difficulties:
- Donate online through Canada Helps, or over the phone by credit card 604-271-5609
- Cash or Cheque in person at 5800 Cedarbridge Way. You can also mail cheques made out to the Richmond Food Bank to 100-5800 Cedarbridge Way, Richmond, BC, V6X 2A7
- By e-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a registered charity and can provide a tax receipt for $20 or more.
Non-Perishable Food Donations and Gift Cards
Please take a look at our Most Needed Items and items we are unable to accept.
Small donations of food can be dropped off at #100 – 5800 Cedarbridge Way any time during our hours of operation.
You can also place non-perishables in designated donation bins at any Richmond Safeway, Save-On Foods, Pricemart, IGA, or any Richmond City Community Centre during their business hours.
We may be able to pick up larger donations. Please Contact Us if you have a significant amount of food and we will make arrangements.
CRA guidelines restrict our ability to provide charitable tax receipts for wholesale or in-kind donations. On occasion, we can make an exception for food and/or products that we require, if the product has a long shelf life. We will need the original receipt(s) for the product(s) in order to process the charitable tax receipt. If you feel that your donation may meet these guidelines, please contact us for details or with any questions.
In BC, the Food Donor Encouragement Act is designed to encourage food donations. If you have questions or concerns about donor liability when it comes to donations of food, please see this page on the Food Donor Encouragement Act for details.
Perishable Food Donations
We work hard to provide healthy, nutritionally balanced grocery assistance to the people we serve, and fresh fruits and vegetables are an important part of the grocery assistance we offer. We rely on donations from farmers, non-profits, individuals, and wholesale companies for the fresh produce we provide.
- If you have a small amount of fresh produce that you’d like to donate, please drop off your donation during office hours.
- If you would like to donate a large amount of fresh produce (more than 5 boxes), we may be able to pick up your donation. Please Contact Us.
- If you are a farmer and would like to donate your fresh produce to us, you may be eligible for a charitable tax receipt. Please Contact Us for more information. You may also be eligible for the BC Farmers’ Food Donation Tax credit. Please visit this website or speak to your accountant for more details.
- If your household has fresh produce (like apples on your apple tree) that you need picked and want to donate, the Richmond Food Security Society has a Fruit Gleaning service. Please contact the Richmond Food Security Society for more details.
Donation Drives and Partnership Opportunities
Please complete our Donation Drive Registration Form to organize a donation drive for us. You can also Contact Us for information about sponsoring or partnering with us to deliver programs, initiatives, or events.