Join RFBS as FT Office Manager | Richmond Food Bank Society
By Stephanie Shulhan in RFB News on June 16, 2021
Why you should join the team
We are looking to add an experienced full-time Office Manager to our staff team! If you are an office administration or management wizard with bookkeeping experience, come and help us build a caring community where no one goes hungry.
About the Richmond Food Bank Society
The Richmond Food Bank Society (RFBS) strives to maintain individual and community health by providing the food security and nourishment needed to sustain health and well-being. Each week our volunteer and staff team offers an array of fresh produce, dairy, meats, and other grocery items to over 1,600 individuals in 3 locations across Richmond. We also offer a Home Delivery program, a School Meal program to address hunger among students, a Garden program, and we help to connect people in need with community resources. Pre-pandemic, we also ran a Nutritious Recipe Demonstration program, Play & Learn program that connects children and caregivers with preschool and parenting programs, and Ageless Volunteerism that partners teens with seniors. (We will offer these programs again when it is safe, hopefully in the near future.)
The Richmond Food Bank is also a sharing hub providing food and supplies to community meals, shelters, and other social service agencies that serve low-income and marginalized people in our city.
Closing Date: Until filled
Start Date: Immediately
Terms: Full Time 30 Hours/week (M-F) 9:00am-3:00pm. Occasional weekends and evenings.
Salary: $31,000-34,000/year (based on 30 hours/week) depending upon experience, including extended health benefits.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the primary function of the Office Manager is to provide administrative and bookkeeping support while maintaining excellent customer service to our donors, volunteers, and clients. The Office Manager examines and reconciles accounting and financial records as well as documents such as bank statements and expenditures; ensures accuracy and compliance with accounting, reporting and payroll policies and procedures; provides reception and front line assistance and performs various administrative tasks according to the needs of RFBS.
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Performs various administrative and clerical tasks
- Responds to volunteer, donor, client and general public inquiries by phone and in-person. This includes: resolving client issues and conflicts, registering clients, providing tours and acting as interpreter when required
- Processes and monitors financial and accounting transactions. Examines and analyzes accounting and financial records and documents such as bank statements, expenditures
- Prepares schedules, reports and financial statements. Supplies information and documentation to auditors
- Prepares correspondence related to the duties of the position. Liaises with appropriate resource people
- Attends and participates in events and meetings
- Two years of post-secondary education in a related discipline and including courses in office administration, bookkeeping and accounting.
- 3 – 5 years of office experience preferably in a non-profit setting
- Excellence in data input and accuracy, detailed reconciliation of ledgers and accounts
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral and to a wide variety of audiences
- Handling client situations, using tact and the ability to diffuse situations
- Proficient in MS Access, Excel and Word.
- Experience in accounting software-Simply Accounting (Sage50) preferred
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people (staff, volunteers, donors and community groups)
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organization skills
- Passion and support for community services and a desire to contribute to a positive, caring and supportive environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
- Basic conversational Mandarin or Cantonese speaking ability an asset
Please send in your résumé and cover letter in one pdf document using the subject line “Office Manager” to:
Hajira Hussain-Executive Director
Richmond Food Bank Society
100-5800 Cedarbridge Way
Richmond BC V6X 2A7
We appreciate your interest in applying however, only those candidates receiving an interview will be contacted.