We rely on your generous donations as we receive no financial support from any level of government.
- Cash or Cheque in person at 5800 Cedarbridge Way. You can also mail cheques to: 100-5800 Cedarbridge Way, Richmond, BC, V6X 8A6
- Credit card donations online through Canada Helps or over the phone 604-271-5609
- Food can be dropped off at 5800 Cedarbridge Way during our non-distribution hours:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays between 9 am at 3 pm
- Wednesdays between 1 pm and 3 pm
- Thursdays between 1 pm and 6 pm
- Saturdays between 10 am and 2 pm
- You can also drop food off at any Richmond Safeway, Save-On Foods, Pricemart, IGA, or Community Centre during their business hours.
We do not solicit door to door or by telephone.
The Richmond Food Bank encourages everyone to think about nutrition and health when you donate. Choose non-perishable foods that are fresh (not old) and nutritious foods that will help people with health problems. Please see our Most Needed Items for our current needs.
Monetary donations allow us to buy food as needed, including perishable items including vegetables and milk. For every $1 of money spent, we collect and distribute $6 worth of food. We are a registered charity, and can provide a tax receipt for $20 or more.
If you are planning a food drive, we can provide cash tins, boxes, and posters. Depending on the event details, we may be able to pick up the donations. Please contact us for more details.
Interested in donating food but concerned about liability risks? You are protected by provincial legislation. Please see the BC Food Donor Encouragement Act. In light of this provincial legislation that protects food donors from liability, the Richmond Food Bank Society does not offer indemnity agreements to donors as a condition for accepting food donations.