The Richmond Food Bank is available to help Richmond residents who are experiencing financial difficulties. We work on the honor system, without an income or means test. The food we offer has been purchased and donated by the community to help people in need.
You can collect groceries once a week from any of the six distributions.
Distribution times and locations are:
- Mondays from 3:30 to 5 pm at Steveston United Church (3720 Broadway St.)
- Tuesdays from 3:30 pm to 5 pm at our Daniels Depot located in Peace Mennonite Church (11571 Daniels Rd);
- Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 am to 1 pm and Thursdays from 6 pm to 7 pm at our Main Office (5800 Cedarbridge Way)
- Saturdays from 10 am to 11:30 am at our Blundell Depot located in Richmond Baptist Church (6640 Blundell Rd)
Food choices and amounts are generally the same for all locations.
To collect food you need:
- ID for everyone in your household who needs food. This can be a driver’s license, BCID, passport, Care Card, or Birth Certificate
- Proof that you live in Richmond, such as a recently dated piece of mail, letter from a community or governmental agency, or rental receipt. You must bring your proof of address every time you pick up food
- Your own grocery bags
When you arrive, you will likely need to wait in line. Here is what we expect of people while waiting in line:
Every grocery distribution operates based on the choice model, meaning that you choose foods from a variety of categories including:
- fresh fruits and vegetables
- protein items, such as canned fish or meats, legumes
- tinned/canned meals
- bread, offered by local grocery stores
- dairy items, including liquid milk for families with children under the age of 18, and canned, powdered, or liquid milk for everyone else
- condiments and baking supplies
- drinks, such as coffee and tea
- pastries, donated by local grocery stores and cafes
- boutique, including soap, shampoo, toilet paper, and similar items
- baby items, including diapers, formula, and food for babies under the age of 2 and diapers/pullups and food for children under the age of three