The Richmond Food Bank is available to help Richmond residents who are experiencing financial difficulties. We work on the honor system, without an income or means test. The food we offer has been purchased and donated by the community to help people in need.
You can collect groceries once a week from any of the six distributions.
Distribution times and locations are:
- Mondays from 3:30 to 5 pm at our Boyd Depot located in the portable at Hugh Boyd Secondary (9200 No 1 Rd)
- Tuesdays from 3:30 pm to 5 pm at our Daniels Depot located in Peace Mennonite Church (11571 Daniels Rd);
- Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 am to 1 pm and Thursdays from 6 pm to 7 pm at our Main Office (5800 Cedarbridge Way)
- Saturdays from 10 am to 11:30 am at our Blundell Depot located in Richmond Baptist Church (6640 Blundell Rd)
Food choices and amounts are generally the same for all locations.
To collect food you need:
- ID for everyone in your household who needs food. This can be a driver’s license, BCID, passport, Care Card, or Birth Certificate
- Proof that you live in Richmond, such as a recently dated piece of mail, letter from a community or governmental agency, or rental receipt. You must bring your proof of address every time you pick up food
When you arrive, you will likely need to wait in line. Here is what we expect of people while waiting in line:
Every depot works on the choice distribution model, meaning that you choose the foods that you receive from a variety of categories including:
- fresh fruits and vegetables
- condiments and baking supplies
- drinks, including coffee and tea
- pastries, donated by local grocery stores and cafes
- bread, offered by local grocery stores
- protein items, including canned fish and meats
- dairy items, including fresh milk for families with children under the age of 18, and canned or powdered milk for everyone else
- boutique, including soap, shampoo, toilet paper, and similar items
- baby, including diapers, formula, and food for babies under the age of 2 and diapers/pullups and food for children under the age of three